Saturday, November 15, 2008

My New Job

I have accepted a position with an insurance company as a agent. Right now I am studying for my exam to be licensed. Hopefully, when I pass the test I will be an independent agent for Aflac Insurance. It is a lot to learn. Right now I am working on my health license. 

There is not much to report here. The weather has turned colder and Christopher had built a fire this morning when I got up. Sasha is growing like a weed and she and Emmett are crazy about each other. They play most of the time and want to be with each other. She has been such a great comfort to me. She seems to know my feelings and when I am really down she will just cuddle.
I miss home very much, but am determined to learn to enjoy the country. Christopher loves it and right now that is all that is important. 
Next week will be hard. The 21st would have been our 21st anniversary. 
I really don't think I am doing as well as I should be, but I am trying. It has been 7 months now and for some reason right now more memories are coming back than ever. Some make be happy and some bring tears again. I didn't know someone could cry so much. Right now we are planning to go to Judi's for Thanksgiving. Maybe a change will help. I also think when I really start working that will also make a difference.

If I don't post again before Thanksgiving, please have a wonderful Thanksgiving and love your family.

2 comments:

Jenni Halley said...

I'm just passing on advice that has been told to me many times. Be patient with yourself. Don't judge yourself for how you think you should be feeling. How you feel is how you feel. The holidays are going to be hard for us, but we'll get through. It is ok to feel this way. Take time for yourself.
I'm here to listen if you want to email.
Jenni

Anonymous said...

I bet you will make a wonderful insurance agent, I hope you enjoy the classes. Holidays can be difficult so hang in there and remember that you are an inspiration to a lot of readers. Take care now