Tuesday, July 31, 2007

This week

This is chemo week. When Keith went to the doctor last week for his blood test, his white cell count was very low. They have decided to give him an Iron I.V. on Thursday. They were going to give it last week, but didn't tell him that it would take about 4 hours. He had to be tested to make sure he wouldn't have a reaction to the iron. He had not scheduled that, so decided for this week. When he told me this, I called his nurse from the NCI trial and we looked up the hospital records and found he had already had the tests so, he will have it this week and it is only an hour. Then Friday is all day having chemo. About 2 weeks after chemo he will have another PET/CT scan. Then the wait. I think that is the worst part of the treatment is just waiting to get results. The doctor might get the results on Monday, but if he hasn't read it they will not tell you anything. So sometimes, you wait until Tuesday and in some cases latter in the week. It can be very tiresome. Sometimes I don't think that doctors realize how important it is that you get the results fast.

He is doing okay, but very tired most of the time. He actually was up late last night, went to bed at 9 instead of 7. I am becoming a major nag, asking if you are okay all the time.

That's all for today.


No comments: