Friday, August 3, 2007

Keith and Jackie - 08/03/2007


This is a picture of Jackie who is our NCI Nurse. Today was chemo day and Jackie always comes when Keith gets chemo or has any doctors appointments. She is great and we have gotten to be friends though all this. Let me tell you, today was a comical day. First, we had to be at the hospital for the chemo instead of the Dr. office because Keith's insurance is still messed up. Hopefully by the next time it will be straighten out. We got there at 7:30 and checked in. Then everything when crazy. They didn't have the orders from Dr. Hamrick's office, so we waited. Well, while we waited I went down to get us some coffee. As I was in the cafeteria getting that, my purse fell off my shoulder and coffee spilled all over my hand slightly burning my hand. Then when I went to get lunch and got back, I pulled my lunch out and lots of the gravy spilled down my leg. Luck this time, it wasn't hot. They finally got the orders about 11 and they were wrong. Dr. Hamrick had approved a higher dose than he had before and I caught it. We called Jackie and didn't get her, because she had lost her phone. Per NCI, if the dosage is lowed once, it can't be raised again. So we waited again. Dr. Hamrick finally caught his mistake and called his office back. Well, by that time Jackie was there and she got that all straighten out. Then we waited again. Well, about 1 they started the 1st go round of Chemo (3 hours). We finally got home about 5. It was a very tiring day.
The good thing is Jackie found her phone. It was in the car between the seats.
Well, this is the 4th chemo and we will find out in about 2 weeks what it has worked on. Keep your fingers crossed, the tumors have gone. We have 6 more to go.
All for now. I am tired and think I am going to bed.

No comments: