Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thursday, 8-9-07 - Long

Christopher starts school next Monday and we had orientation today. He is looking forward to school starting. I think even though he has enjoyed the summer he is bored. This year may prove to be a very challenging year for him. He has 4 Honors classes, 1 college prep (French 2), and 1 that starts the college process. He will be in the 10th grade this year and is taking 11th grade language arts class. Next year he takes College English. This credit will transfer (hopefully) to what ever college he decides on. So, we spend the day doing school stuff. Paying dues, buying supplies and I am sure there will be more next week when he meets all his teachers.

Keith had chemo last Friday. This was his 4th chemo treatment. He should have a PET/CT scan next week. This treatment hit him sooner than any of the others have. To explain, Thursday night he has to take 5 steroid pills and then 5 more early Friday morning. When we get there Friday morning they give him more premeds 1 which is also a steroid. The chemo last for about 7 hours and during that time he is flying high. Last Friday night and Saturday morning he was so high he was cleaning everything. Then Saturday we went over to Fry's and Christopher and I lost him. He was just walking around, well by the time we got home he starting crashing. He went to bed and only got up Sunday morning to get a shot for his white blood count. He spent the rest of the day and all Monday in bed. He really didn't get to feeling better until Wednesday when he went back to work. He went Tuesday but came home early. It seems that every chemo treatment hits him harder and harder. We have 6 more to go. I hope that what he is going though will be worth all this and the tumors go away. The wait for results is the hardest part of the treatment. I hate to see him go though this.

Today while shopping with Christopher I ran into 2 friends from church. God seems to realize when I need that extra touch and though I may not say it it always is such a reminder of his works and the wonder of him. Today when I ran into Christy (who didn't know about Keith), I was telling her all the changes that had happened to us this year and when I was listening to myself I realized again that God is preparing me for what ever happens. The house selling and us finding this house to rent, then I worried when I had to give up my job and again he was right there. Keith's division of the company he was with had finished their contract and he was picked up by the parent company at a increased rate, which happened to be almost my salary. Now I am talking with the old company I was at and loved and they may want me to come back on a part time basis, just Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. So whenever you aren't sure, just stop and think about what he has done for you. You might not even realize it.

My niece is arriving today from Japan. We are really looking forward to seeing Jennifer and Michael.


No comments: