Our church, McKendree United Methodist has a wonderful ministry with prayer blankets. Anyone can get one and they are prayed over for healing or whatever that person needs are. This is a picture of Keith with his prayer blanket. The only time that he is without it is when he is at work. We take it to all treatments. He has told me that he can feel the prayers from it and I know they are working. Please keep them coming, he is getting better.
He had chemo on Friday and also a meeting with his doctor. Our doctor told him that the tumors haven't grown and the cancer is at bay. He also told us that he feels that Keith will be here Christmas and that his chances for being alive his time next year have increased from 5% to 40%. Of course there is always the chance that could change (per his doctor), but I am choosing to believe that he will be here.
We have started calling his blanket, blankie. He laughs about it but won't be with out it. Keep the prayers coming we know they work. Thank you to all our family, friends, and our wonderful church family.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Keith with his blanket
Posted by
Suzan and Christopher Hallam
at
8/26/2007 11:35:00 AM
Labels: Keith with his prayer blanket
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm sorry not many people leave comments for you and I think that they should, but I would like to leave one. I think you have a wonderful family and I will pray for Keith and your family.
Suzan,
What a beautiful and loving family you have! I have enjoyed reading your blog, and hopefully through the websites of all our fellow melanoma warriors, we will spread the word about this insidious disease.
Thank you for the messages, the phone calls, and the prayers. You have truly uplifted me. We pray for your family every day, and we will continue to do so.
Keith looks HOT with no hair!! :)
Post a Comment