Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday 08/19/07

One of the hardest things about melanoma is the fact that Keith doesn't look sick. Except for the bald head he really looks healthy. Most people looking at him just don't know what he has been going though. Melanoma patients I have found out usually don't look sick. It's the family that see it most. We see how hard they fight, we see how tired they are and we see the tears when they want to beat this so bad. This is a horrible, horrible disease that takes you little by little. I have found such strength from my church, friends and a very special board called the MPIP board. There are so many people fighting this beast and their words of hope, encouragement and love make each day bearable. Thank you to my friends, church and all these people that have us in your prayers and thoughts. We feel the love everyday.
The good news is: KEITH'S WHITE CELL COUNT IS UP TO 10.2. This may not sound like much, but to us that means that the good cells can do battle even better. It's like a whole army has been put in to fight.
Keith is feeling much better this week. Yesterday we went to Home Depot and I said that he looked like he was feeling better and he agrees that he is feeling much better. All I can ask is to Please God, let him continue this. Thank all again. We send our love to each and everyone of you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suzan -- I see you haven't been getting a lot of comments, so thought I'd chime in. Glad to hear Keith is feeling better. I like your blog and the pictures of your family are really nice.

I did notice that your link to MPIP doesn't work. You have mpip.com but the address is actually mpip.org Minor issue, but thought you'd like to know. I like the idea of linking directly to the bulletin board at http://mpip.org/bb/bbindex.html since that's really the heart of MPIP.

Good luck to Keith. Hope he continues to kick butt.

Don Winters (DonW) from MPIP

Carver said...

I'm so glad that Keith's white cell count is up. That's great news. Take care, Carver

Anonymous said...

Good news is always welcomed no matter how miniscule. Allowing us to put a face with a name adds a personal touch, which makes us more like "family." Keep that white cell count up and continued progress for Keith. You have a nice family thanks for sharing andthe dogs are adorable. I am a doggie person I have 2! Kobi a mini Rat Terrier and Harley a mini Italian greyhound all 5.3 lbs of him!!!!....Kathi (Mom to Kristi dx age 20 now 28)

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that Keith is doing well this week. I hope he continues to have good progress in fighting this evil battle.

I am Tammy's aunt (Bryce). Thank you for your love and support to them. Only one who has/is experiencing this kind of trauma really knows what they are going through. I know that the friends that she has met through MPIP are a tremendous help to them. I can't thank you all enough. Tammy and Bryce are dear to my heart, as well as little Dani.

Once again, congratulations to Keith on his white cell count being up. May God bless you all.

Elaine Miles
Arizona

Anonymous said...

Give old baldy a kiss on the head for me :)

Beth