Well, Keith finally had his CT scan today. I feel like I have become an expert on fighting insurance. The one thing I have found out is you have to fight for everything when someone has cancer. Keith went to get his scan today to only find out that he had to pre-qualified for this. I in a panic called the doctors office to be told we didn't have his new insurance card and it may take 2 to 3 days. Of course, I went crazy. They just didn't seem to care. I called Jackie and she got on it right away. If he hadn't gotten this scan then he wouldn't have gotten his chemo, which would have thrown him out of the program. Jackie called the insurance company who said she had to call another place. She called them and was told "he isn't in our system" . I don't know who yelled loudest, "get him in". She faxed reports and anything else they needed. In 15 minutes they had approved it and he finally got the scan. Now we wait, but I also found out they can rush the report if needed. Keith continues to be tired at night and his legs ache. He has found that using something like Icey Hot really helps, so he gets them rubbed now at night and takes a pain pill and then crashes. If that is all the pain he is in then I feel very lucky. He continues to work, which surprises everyone. I feel that if he stopped that he might just give up. He has so much to live for and wants to get well so much. We really are grateful for the prayers and good thoughts. Our church gave him a prayer blanket this weekend. It has been been prayed over for healing. He sleeps with it every night and I think it helps and he feels the prayers. Thank you again
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
What a pain!!!!!! Insurance
Posted by
Suzan and Christopher Hallam
at
8/21/2007 07:15:00 PM
Labels: Tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment