Yesterday we started the move with Daniel and Matt coming over to get the things I was giving them. So, I thought I would show y'all 2 of my handsome nephews. Matt and Daniel are my sister's boys. They were at it all day long, so there were some very tired guys last night, but I hope happy since it feels good to be able to help when they are really just getting started on their own. It is very hard to tear a house apart after 20 years and I feel the loss of Keith very deeply right now. They put the marker on his grave last week and this morning before church Christopher and I took flowers. It is very simple, just what Keith would have wanted.
The movers are coming Thursday and we are leaving either Friday or Saturday. It depends on when they finish loading the truck and I can get the house all cleaned up.
My young cousin Leah graduated from high school this week and her parents had a wonderful party this afternoon. It was at a park that I didn't even know was in our county. The park was a beautiful setting and fun. It was another first for me without Keith. Going to a party. I felt weird being there without him. It made me think that in less than a month we have our family reunion which has always been so much fun and something Keith enjoyed very much. I am going this year, but it will be hard.
I haven't been a very good blogger lately. I get ready to write and the words don't come to easy. I miss Keith each and every day. Some days are worse than others. Some days I don't even want to get out of the bed, but I put one foot in front of the other and just keep going. I think I am in a daze some days. It has been almost 2 months and the pain is still so raw and painful. I think of things that I need to tell Keith and then remember I can't. I have finally decided to just talk to him anyway. I talk and talk. It may be one sided but it makes me feel better.
Christopher finished school this past week and thankfully managed to pass all subjects. We were worried about Algebra II and Chem, but he pulled it off. Everything was mostly A's and B's except for those 2. With everything he went though this year, I am just thankful he made it though the year.
On a funny note. Two of the things I gave my nephews were my bed and mom's bed. Since we don't have a bed anymore we are on the sleeper sofa (with 2 foam mattresses on top) in the living room. Well, Emmett is sleeping with us. Last night he barked at the 3-D puzzle that Christopher made until he woke us up and then he went to sleep and Mom and I had coffee. Oh well, I guess you had to be there.





5 comments:
Hi Suzan:
I've missed your updates, I have kept checking in on you so thank you for the recent post.
You take good care of yourself, this must be hard.
God Bless you and Christopher.
Joy
Sherman Interiors.
I, too, have been checking in each day to see if you have left any words for us, and as always you have constantly been in my prayers. I cannot imagine how hard it is for you. Just keep talking to Keith. I am sure he's listening and loving you all still. (((hugs))) I hope everything with the move goes very well for you.
Great to hear from you. Sounds like you have been busy, and I am sure that moving has amplified your grief and pain. Be sure to take time for yourself if you can. I think of you often. I hope we can stay in touch.
Jenni
I work in the same company when your husband was alive. I processed his timesheets and expense reports and also still have kept the last e-mail he sent regarding an expense report that weren't paid. I am also the one who sent flowers to the house once we got news that Keith was bed ridden. Every since I was e-mailed your website, I been keeping up with the updates of Keith even reading pass progresses that I missed. Now seeing the stone have really hit me deep in my heart. Even though, I haven't met Keith personally, because I work in Newark, New Jersey, I felt that Keith was right here with me the whole time you were writing. I feel your pain and wish you all the best.
Another soul checking on you. Anonymous or not you're still thought about and prayed over every day. God bless you and your family always!
Post a Comment