Friday, June 6, 2008

The House on the Hill



Our new home


I finally have a minute to update on the move. We arrived Sunday afternoon late after driving through rain all day long. Somewhat nerve racking but okay. When we arrived the renters were still moving out. When we came in the house, we decided that we wanted to cry. We knew we would have alot of work to do on the house, but they had even taken the switchplates off. Mom had told them they could use some of her things but it looks like they have stolen alot of stuff. We are still trying to get a list together of everything missing so we can talk to the sheriff or an attorney. Anyway, there is alot of work to be done and we are getting it done little by little. I went to Bells Hardware on Monday and gave them a list of everything I needed and they showed up Monday afternoon. Then later we were heading to the grocery store and I spotted a truck that said Overton Hardwood, so I tracked him down. He came over and gave me a quote on the hardwood and is starting next week. I have bought new carpet for Christopher's room and it will laid next Wednesday. So, next week is going to be crazy again. The painters, carpet men, electrical and hardwood guys will all be here working next week. I find it very hard to believe that you just call and it happens. Actually it turns out that Al Overton is a distant cousin on my dad's side and he is so funny and we had an instant repore. We also have the pest people coming out and a landscaper to help get us started. When Mom moved in with us 2 years ago her yard was beautiful. It is now a mess. We have been told all week that people didn't think anyone lived here.


I think the hard work has been very good for me. Today marks the 2 month annivesary of Keith's death and I have felt it all day. I think God knew I needed a big project to keep me busy and he has given me one. The house and yard will be beautiful when we finish. Christopher is doing very well and loving the country. I have been letting him drive more and that seems to make him happy. We bought a trailer the other day and it has stayed full most of the week. Tomorrow I think we will be making many trips to the dump.


There is so much going on that it is hard to write it all, so I will end for today and hope I can get more tomorrow. Actually, I think I may head to bed soon. I am tired!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Glad you all arrived safe and sound. So sorry to hear that the renters left everything in such a mess, but you are right, all according to plan, God wants to keep you busy! (((hugs)))

Joy said...

Morning Suzan:

I am so glad you posted an update, I have been thinking about you and in a strange way it feels better to see the house and imagine you and Mum and Christopher there, than not knowing where you are.

I no I am a little on the strange side myself, but hey what can you do!

I hope you find the peace you are searching for, and a big project will hopefully help.

You know when my Dad passed in September, Mum and I used to look at the clock at 12.45 pm which is the time he passed and then one Monday we did not do that, it is so hard but you will get through it and with God's help and guidance you will find those tears coming just a little less often.

Do take care of yourself, and I wish you and your family only the very best of things.

Don't know what your weather is like but it is a hot one again here in Georgia, so going to get ready for church.

God Bless.

Joy

Anonymous said...

Suzan,

It was nice to see that you posted an update. Your "House on the Hill" is beautiful. I hope you and Christopher enjoy the country. Take care of yourself, and know that lots of folks are still reading your posts and praying for you.