We picked up Madison Saturday and so far so good. She is a very friendly calm dog. Right now her favorite person is Christopher. He is having a good lesson in responsibility. I had told him that it was his job to take care of her and so far so good. He has really jumped up and takes care of her. Saturday night she woke him up at 4 in the morning and he got up with her and at 5 this morning she woke him up and he took her outside, then went back to sleep. She is suppose to be sleeping in her crate but I think he lets her on his bed. Earlier today she and Shadow were even in the same room and not fussing at each other. Basically, Shadow was ignoring her.
We had a quiet weeekend with running errands Saturday. We went into Jackson which is only about 15 miles from our house. In Atlanta that sounds like a long way because of the traffic, but here it only takes about 15 minutes to get there. We have started having a good laugh over the "traffic jams". We keep telling everyone you just don't know what traffic is. Christopher and I went to church Sunday morning. It is a small church right around the corner called Cypruss Church Methodist. They have service at 9:30 and Sunday School after. We both enjoyed the service. It was a little different than McKendree, but basically the same. They have youth group on Wednesday night and last Wednesday Jordan (one of the kids that works for Al) was at youth group and brought Christopher a big poster made into a card welcoming him. It was very sweet and touching. The kids all went out of their way yesterday to make him feel welcome. He said he is going Wednesday night. We went over Carnise's to visit in the afternoon and then to JaJa's cafe for ice cream. So, it was a good weekend.
Everyone arrived this morning to start work and now we have a big hole in Mom's bathroom where the stained glass window is going. There is a side on it that has broken and I have a glass person coming out to fix it before it gets put up. So now the hole is covered with plywood. They also got the shed layed out and the concrete poured this afternoon. It looks like I may have shed by the end of the week.
Christopher and I continue to have our moments. We miss Keith so much and there are so many times I wish I could just talk to him about everything going on. I see him clearly everyday in my mind and I would give anything to be able to have one of his hugs again. The tears are always there and as I write this they are starting again. Today has not been one of my better days. I am so thankful for the 20 years we had and the love we shared. It is still so hard to think of even the happy times and not start crying. I wonder if it ever becomes real that he is gone. I know I will be with him again one day and until that day I hope I will make him proud of me. I am so thankful for all the things he brought into my life.
I haven't forgotten about the rotten cancer that took him away from us. Please use sunscreen. Melanoma is an UGLY cancer. It in the last week has taken 2 very young people and there are more everyday.



1 comment:
Madison is so adorable. How wonderful for Christopher. Sounds like he will be able to make some nice friends through the youth group as well. (((hug))) just thought you sounded like one wouldn't go amiss. Thinking and praying for you daily.
Post a Comment