Sunday, June 29, 2008

Reunion 2008

Ashlyn acting crazy as usual
Christopher getting his hair cut by Ashlyn
Deaundra and Me
Some of the kids
1st and 2nd cousins
We had our family reunion this weekend and it was alot of fun. I had been somewhat worried about how I would handle it without Keith, but I guess I did okay. As one of my cousins said you are with people you love you and understand. It was a smaller reunion than normal, but still great to see everyone. Friday night we had dinner at the hotel and it was sort of potluck, then saturday we all headed to Ashlyn and John's. Ashlyn is so much fun and I tease her that she is crazy. She has never changed and hopefully will always be the fun loving person she is. She is a hair stylist by trade so we all try to get her to do our hair. She cut Christopher's yesterday and I told him I bet he had never had a woman cut his hair in a bikini. We all headed back to Jackson for dinner last night and then everyone left today. Christopher was so gld to see his cousins. Most of them have grown up together and even if they see each other only 1st a year it like they saw each other the day before. My grandmother use to say that "Families smell each other." Whether that is true or not it is always great to be around your family. I have loads of pictures to post.
Well, all the construction starts up again tomorrow and it looks like the shed may finished by Tuesday.
Look for some more pictures this week.

1 comment:

Jenni Halley said...

Great to hear that you enjoyed some time with family. I seem to be the most comfortable right now around family. I feel like I can more just be myself, no mask. It was great to see you both smiling in the pics.
Thinking of you and hoping the quiet of the country brings you peace.
Jenni