Everyone arrived today and started pulling up carpet. When they did they found a leak, so I am glad that we decided to do this. Luckily, insurance will cover the leak and fix, so that will help. They delivered the mower over and as soon as he could Christopher was on it. It is one of the first times I have seen him smile since Keith died. The house has become a huge undertaking and Al thinks it will take about a month and 1/2 to finish. I don't think we will be able to stay here while everything is done, so Al is trying to get a friend of his to rent us a duplex for that short time. It is right down the street and we can be back everyday to work. I have finally decided that the best thing is to have the movers come 1 more time and just take everything and store it for the month. It makes more sense to get out of here while they are working and then move in. We had no idea about a leak or anything. Christopher's room is the only one that will be finished. Paul has finished the painting and the carpet is going down tomorrow or Wednesday. If we can't get the duplex thing worked out then Christopher and I will just move up there and Mom said she was going to Cornise's. I am going to call the Humane Society tomorrow and let them know they will have to hold on to Madison until we get finished. It is unfair to her to bring her into this. At least I know when I finish it will be clean, new and beautiful.
My cousin Mike is a distributor for cabinets so I talked with him today about coming out to look at the kitchen and bathroom. So, I guess that is also in the cards. I really think it will be better to do it all at once instead of bits and pieces. By the way, if you need any Viking appliances, he is also a rep for HADCO.
Well, that is all for today. I'll let you know what going on in the country as we get more done. Keep us in your prayers, I think we really need them!!!!!!



2 comments:
Christopher sure looks like he is enjoying that tractor! It's nice to see. What a chore the house is going to be, but I think just perfect for right now. You need to keep busy and it's the perfect excuse. As always you are all in my prayers! (((hugs)))
Christopher sure looks like he is enjoying that tractor! It's nice to see. What a chore the house is going to be, but I think just perfect for right now. You need to keep busy and it's the perfect excuse. As always you are all in my prayers! (((hugs)))
Post a Comment