Tree
Life continues on for us. I have my good days and my bad. It seems that have more bad then good, but I just put one foot in front of the other and keep going. I am forcing myself to get my makeup on and my hair done when I would rather just stay in bed with the covers over my head. Christmas has been hard. Christopher and I started putting up our tree and both just broke down, so we put it back and went to Walmart and got another one. We changed our decorations for the tree also. We could not look at the ornaments we have had so long. Maybe next year, but it is to fresh right now.
I think back to last Christmas when we celebrated Keith finishing all 10 chemo treatments and the positive report that he had gotten. He made that Christmas so special for all of us that I wonder now if he knew it was his last.
I am at the point that I am wondering if I could have done anything different and he would still be here. In my mind I know I couldn't but my heart is telling me something else.
We had a nice Thanksgiving with some friends. Mom cooked and it was a lot of fun. Right now we are planning the same for Christmas Eve.
Sasha is growing and is so sweet. She is such a comfort and it seems she knows when I am at my lowest. She will always get my attention and want all my attention.
I know that I have been a horrible blogger, but there are some days I just can't write. I am hoping I will get better.
Thank you to everyone who has been there for Christopher and me this year. You can never know what that means. We both want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.



2 comments:
Thinking of you and checking on you often. Yes it was very difficult to put up our tree too. It looks beautiful, and I'm sure he is proud that you two can celebrate together. Take time for yourself this season (and I'll take this advice too).
Jenni
I check in here often and think about you every day. Today I found words to read. I have been thinking and praying for you all through Christmas. I knew it would be very difficult for you all. Sending hugs and lots of love your way. XXOO
Post a Comment