Well, I did my civic duty and got called for jury duty only 1 day. They didn't pick me. Gwinnett County is very organized when it comes to jury duty. You have a number to call and you are also assigned a number (thankfully mine was high). When you get to the jury room you are shown a short video of what to expect, then up on the screen are all the judges courtroom with your name and number. Well, I had made it through the first 2 screens and they were short members, then the 3rd came up and it was long. Mine was on it and we all knew it was going to be for a crime. There were about 50 of us called. We all got lined up and went single file to the courtroom. They asked us some questions and when it came to me I guess they didn't like my answers so I didn't get picked. This all sounds like it was quick, but it took all day. I told the baliff that my mom's 4 year old class needed to come for a field trip to learn how to walk in a single file.
Keith continues to do well. He is getting his strength back, slowly but with everything he went though last year, I am not surprised. He still gets tired after the day and heads to bed early. Funny thing, it has gotten all of us going to bed early. Not quite as early as him, but still earlier than we used to.
Christopher got the flu this week. Thankfully, it is not a bad case but it really knocked him down for a day or 2. It has been going around his school and just about every where else here. I only hope that no one else in the family gets it.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Jury Duty is Over
Posted by
Suzan and Christopher Hallam
at
2/02/2008 07:08:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Glad to hear that Keith continues to improve daily. Prayers continue. I do hope that nobody else gets Christopher's flu! (((hugs))) I have never been called to jury duty yet. Part of me thinks it would be interesting but a larger part of me knows it would be boring...
Post a Comment