Thursday, March 12, 2009

Christopher, Our Little Paper and More


Christopher and the Band
When School started this year Christopher really didn't have any hope of playing since there is no orchestra, but what he didn't know was there was a rumor going around school that they had someone who played the cello. He tryed to lay low but one day someone heard him taking about it and he got caught. They asked him to join the band and he decided to. He first played the bass drum and being in a band is much different than an orchestra. He had to learn the bass drum, marching and much more but he seemed to enjoy it. After football season was over he went back to the cello.
He got to play the cello in both the Christmas concert and the Spring concert. At the Christmas concert he played both the bass drum and cello. The nice thing about all this is he has gotten very interested in other instruments and has started playing both the guitar and the keyboards.
This morning in all our rain and ice I went to the store for milk (yes we were really out) and picked up the little local paper. When I opened it the band was on the front page and if you look at the right of the picture you will see Christopher. He is the only one with a cello. He hated the picture but as a mom I have to brag. He doesn't like his profile. I scanned it the best I could so I hope you can see it.
We have had the strangest weather here. As you know we had snow (a lot) and then it went up to 80 so I was in shorts and now it is in the 30's with rain and ice. Of course in all this our heating went out and it is freezing. I really didn't mind it last night, I like to sleep when it is cool. Luckily we have someone coming out this morning to get it fixed (I hope).
Lately it has been hard for me. Maybe it is this time of the year but I find myself crying alot. It was this time last year that Keith was in hospice and the memories keep flooding back when you least expect this too. It never seems to get easier and I miss him more today than ever. There are times I just want to talk to him. It is hard being a single mom and I never really realized how much we parented together. I wish I could just ask am I doing okay or complain about having a 17 year old who think he can do whatever he wants too. I find I have to reel him back in. All I can do is the best I can and hope it is right.
I am still looking for a job and have a couple I have heard about so keep me in your prayers. I really need a job if anything just to stay busy.
Sunday something funny happened. I got a call early from someone on the other side of Jackson asking if we had a small dog missing. I told him we had given one away last summer, but he said my name was on the tags and he had tracked me down. Mom and I went over later that afternoon and now we have Callie back. I will never let her go. She had lost weight and was so tired. We have no idea how she got lost from the people we gave her too but to bad. If they didn't take better care of her then they will not get her back. I have to admit I had regretted giving her away anyway so I was very glad to see her. She had eaten and eaten and not let any of us out of her site.
Well, I better get busy and go to the store before it gets really bad. Sasha needs food and only likes one kind. Fussy Princess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that the person who found Callie tracked her back to you, I think there may be some divine intervention at work there !! I am praying that a job turns up soon for you. something that will be just right and give you a whole new outlook !! Hang in there...Good for Christopher and the band !!