Friday, April 3, 2009

Interesting Week












This week has been an interesting to say the least. It started Friday night about 2 in the morning with the dogs barking. I got up and went to the back door and nothing was there so I went back to bed. Well, they started again only this time at the front door. When I got up this time there was 2 kids pounding on the door wanting in. They said that someone was shooting at them (remember I live in the country). There was a truck outside and the kids car was in the ditch. There was no one shooting at anyone, but we would not let them in. We called the police and they already had a report . Well, it turned out hat they had been out destroying mailboxes. The police arrested them which turned out to be 4 kids aged 14 to 16. The next morning when I finally got up I went outside to find that our mailbox was totally destroyed. I really thought they had some nerve to pound on our down when they had hit our mailbox too. It is really sad for the families of these boys. We found out that they are from good families and have been doing this for quite a while. Saturday night they hit 61 mailboxes and they think they have done more and also knocking down street signs. The policeman we talked to said they had really messed up their live. The parents are going to have to replace all the mailboxes that were destroyed. The funny part is we don't have a mailbox and have a bucket on the post now. Thank goodness we have a good mailman. One of the perks of a small town.
Things seemed to calm down then yesterday when I was bring Christopher home there was a cow in the middle of the road. I went ot tell the owner but by the time I got back Christopher said the cow jumped back over the fence. Well this cow was determined to get loose and when I went out later and came back home she was out again. This time she just walked down the road like she owned it. I went back to the family that owns them and we had a nice visit. According to them she does it all the time.
Next week is Spring Break. Christopher and I had planned on going back to Atlanta but I start a part time job next week. At least it will give me something to do.
This has been also a hard week. This was the week Keith had gone to hospice care and April 6th is one year. I have trouble believing it is almost a year. How I wish he were still here.
I hope next week is a little calmer and no cows or midnight knocks at the door.




1 comment:

Mel said...

Interesting country stories, Suzan! I'll be thinking about you and Christopher on the 6th. My dad will be gone 5 years on the 10th. Hard to believe. God bless. ~ Mel