Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday

I hope that everyone had a good Christmas and are looking forward to 2011. Christopher and I are looking forward to it very much. The house in Bells has sold and we will be moving back to Atlanta by the end of January. We are both very happy and can hardly wait to be back with our family and friends. I am just excited to be also back in my church.

So many things have happened since we have been here. Some good, but mostly bad. They say that hindsight is 20/20, so I know that I have learned from these mistakes and they won't repeat themselves again. It has been a healing place. It has managed to put Keith's illness and death in the right perspective, but it will never change the fact that I wish he was still here. The memories are both happy and sad. I choose to remember both knowing he was a man who made mistakes too.

Christopher has joined the Navy and will be leaving for Boot Camp the end of July. When that is over then it is off to Charleston for anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. He was accepted into the NUKE program. It is a very hard school to get into and I am so proud of him. His plans as of today are to finish nuke school then go to college ( the Navy will let him do this) and major in nuclear engineering. When he graduates he will be a commissioned officer. He is thinking of making a career of the Navy.

I am working at Jenny Craig in Jackson and will be able to transfer to an office there. Before all that we have to pack up the house. We still have some boxes we didn't unpack from the move here.

I will keep you informed as it moves along.

No comments: