Wednesday, October 3, 2007

New Doctor and More Tests

We went to see Dr. Hamrick this morning about the CT scan and what had shown up in Keith's lung. Dr. Hamrick was really leaning toward pneumonia instead of a fungal infection, but wanted to get Keith in to see a Pulmonary doctor today. He managed to get his an appointment this after with Dr. Siore. We saw him at 3 this afternoon and he doesn't think it is pneumonia but a fungal infection. The only way to completely find out what is going on is a bronchoscope. This will also rule out if it is another tumor. He is scheduled for the bronchoscope Friday morning at 11:30. Then we go back to Dr. Hamrick next Wednesday to see if he can do the chemo Friday. So, he isn't having chemo this week and hopefully next. Keith was kinda down about it he really wants to though with the chemo before Christmas. Hopefully, this will only put him a week off. So, now we have had an introduction to another doctor and more bills. Does it ever end???? I don't mean in the bad way, please understand It is just so hard on him and me too. I will let you know the results as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Also a prayer in my heart and sending you love and good thoughts. It is so very important how we think. So lets think health all the way. You are wonderful people and deserve the best. I will stay tuned for an update. Lots of prayers are being said for you in Utah. -Rhonda