Well, it has finally gotten cold here and beginning to feel like Christmas weather. I know we don't have it as bad as the mid-west with the snow and ice, but to us Southern folks a high of 40 for a day is BURRRRR cold. Mom and I were out in the wind yesterday and I wasn't feeling well anyway, so I went to the doctor today and she said I was sick. I have an inner ear infection and she said if I hadn't gotten there today I would have been in bed for Christmas. Not a good thought when you have people coming over Christmas Eve. I always do Christmas Eve dinner for our family. I try for Keith to bring Little of England back and we have a traditional English Dinner with a Roast, Yorkshire Pudding, Roasted Potatoes and Brussels sprouts. I do throw a few Southern things in. It is always such fun. We also have Crackers. In case your don't know what that is, it isn't what you think. It is kind of a fun thing to do. You pull them apart and they snap and inside is a prize, silly hat and joke. We look kinda funny starting dinner with our hats on, but it is fun. So, we mix Southern and English traditions together. I always look forward to it and am very glad I got some meds to take. She also gave me 2 shots and took blood. Now I know how Keith feels almost every week.
My old boss (Arik) called today. He and I have become such good friends over years and I think the world of him. I left working for him about 2 years ago and knew I would miss him, so I am very glad we have stayed friends. More on him at a later date. Let's just say that he and I use to argue like cats and dogs, but it never lasted and we just became friends. He has a wonderful wife and son. He called to ask Keith and I to his Christmas Company party. We talked it over and if is okay with him then Christopher will be my date. Keith has his last chemo this Friday and he doesn't think he will feel like going to the party, so my date will be my wonderful handsome son. It is at a Brazilian Steakhouse, sounds good. I'll try to post a picture of us Sunday.
The doctor also changed my anti-depressant today. She said with everything I was going though that the one the doctor I was going to gave me a wimping one. I have never heard a med called wimpy, but we will see. Hopefully, it won't take long for this one to kick in. so, between the shots and all the meds I should be back to myself in no time flat. The bad news is I am back in the office again for a couple of days. The twin bed and I are getting to be good friends. HAHA. Well, I am heading for the bathtub to warm up and finish watching a movie with Christopher.
Monday, December 17, 2007
It's Gotten Cold---Finally and Looking Like Christmas
Posted by
Suzan and Christopher Hallam
at
12/17/2007 06:46:00 PM
Labels: It's Gotten Cold---Finally and Looking Like Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love the British Tradition of Christmas Crackers! It's lovely looking around the table and seeing everyone wearing a silly hat and those jokes, part of the fun is sharing all the groaners around the table! I am doing gammon this year for our dinner, but I have a turkey in the freezer just in case I get nostalgic at the last minute and must have one! I was given Paxil once upon a time to help with so called depression. I only took one and thought I would go out of my mind. My mom had to come sit with me. It made me extremely anxious. Turned out the only thing I needed to do for my depression was to get rid of the abusive husband. Who knew! Anyways, I do know that they are of real benefit to those who are truly depressed. My son has just been put on a mild one and it seems to be helping him a lot. Take care and God Bless, and Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment