Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Moving along Smoothly

Things are running along smoothly here for today. Keith is feeling pretty good and his spirits seem to be better. I think mine are better too. We found out that the man we rent our house from has decided to put it up for sale. I am not very worried though. There are so many houses in this subdivision up for sale and it is a small subdivision so I don't think I will have to worry about that for awhile. He is listing it high and there is one for sale here that is about 30 thousand less than what he is listing this one for. The agent is coming over this afternoon to take pictures of the inside. I made a cake this morning and am waiting for it to finish. It is a recipe I got on the website at the bottom. It is a Gumdrop Cake. Sounds good. Most people know I like to bake and it takes my mine off other things. Look at the website A Year at Oak cottage for alot of great recipes. She is an American living on a country estate in England. I have really enjoyed reading her blog.
Keith has 1 more chemo treatment. Next Friday is the last one and we are counting down the days til he is though. The guys at Keith's office have a bet as to what color his hair is going to come in. Right now, he has some wisps of hair and some are white and some are brownish. What do you think? It was sort of reddish and curly when he lost it. They say that sometimes it comes in totally different when it comes in after chemo. I think white and straight.
Christopher and Mom are counting the days until school is out. Christopher is going though exams right now and staying very busy. He has early release next week and on Wednesday he is going over to Mom's school to play for the kids. We try to get them to call his instrument a Cello, but most of the time they call it "that thing". We all get a good laugh out of it. Well, the cake is in the oven and I better go check on it. Take care and I hope everyone has a good week.

2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Hi Suzan, I followed my map stats to your home here on blogger and was most surprised to see you are one of my readers. How pleased I am to hear that. I wanted you to know that we have added Keith to our prayer list. Every little helps, right? I have another page that is full of inspirational thoughts that you might also like to take a look at.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and many blessings in 2008!

Ozarksshorty said...

Hi Suzan, Keith, Christopher, and Aunt Amy. Hope all is well with you. I have been reading your bloggs. You are a strong united family. You are on my prayer list as well as many others. Keep in touch. Love the family pictures on here. Talk about a blast from the past! One thing is for sure. The Lord has his arms around all of you. Love Vickie