Keith went to the doctor today and we got great news. Dr. Hamrick is thinking that he may want Keith to go off the study and also have his appointments every 3 months. His scan came back great and what they thought was cancer cells in his liver aren't. No, he doesn't know what they are but they aren't cancer. The study requires CT scans every 42 days and his Doctor thinks that is to much. He told Keith he was a medical mystery. He beat the odds and has no idea how. I do though, it is called prayer and faith. He didn't even make an appointment for Keith, just to see him in 3 months. I will said I am cautiously optimism. I am so thankful for all the prayers and wonderful thoughts over the last year. We still have a long way to go but right now I have my wonderful husband. Christopher, Kevin and Tania have their dad and that is all that matters. 
Now for the bad news. I have a beautiful gray part Maine Coon cat that I have had since she was a kitten. Salem is 10 years old and had been going downhill since Christmas. I took her to the vet today and she has a spinal tumor. We are having to have her put down. She was my cat and I was really the only person she loved. I will miss her daily. She was the tattler in the family and would sit and talk to me all the time. She also sat on the back of the computer chair when I was on the computer. The vet said we could send her for more tests but there wasn't really anything to be done except prolong her life and it would not be a life. I couldn't do that to her. When I left, I told her to go play with Clancey and all the other 4 legged babies that had gone before. I love you Salem and will miss you.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Good and Bad News
Posted by
Suzan and Christopher Hallam
at
1/18/2008 08:39:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear about your lovely cat. Very sad news, but very good news about Keith! I am rejoicing with you and prayers are ongoing. (((hugs)))
Way to go God!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
Post a Comment