The wonderful Atlanta Forecasters have told us we are due snow, rain and ice. It is suppose to come in this afternoon and stay around until in the morning. You never really know here in our part of the world. They have predicted it before and nothing happened, but this time they may have it right. It is cold and very cloudy so I think we may get it. I built a fire this afternoon and have a warm pot of coffee fixing. They started saying this over the weekend and every student is keeping their fingers cross. Well, at least in my house. So is my Mom, she would really like a day at home. It really is the kind of weather to make you want to stay in and just stay warm. It is always funny when we get this kind of weather in Atlanta. Everyone makes the bread and milk run. Normally the grocery stores run out of both. Luckily, I have both so I am not worrying about it. The main thing is we have very tall pine trees. If we get the ice then most of the time they break, which always leads to power outages. Hopefully, that won't happen this time.
When I was young, Mom always made Russian Tea on snow days and I asked her the other night when they started talking about the weather, "Did we have the stuff for Russian Tea?" It is a mix of Orange juice, Pineapple juice, Tea, Cinnamon and Cloves and will warm you all-over. We do, so let it come on, I am ready. I have my firewood, Russian Tea and so who cares???? I will enjoy.
Hope everyone is staying warm.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Waiting on Snow and Ice
Posted by
Suzan and Christopher Hallam
at
1/16/2008 01:30:00 PM
Labels: Waiting on Snow and Ice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment