School starts tomorrow and I think Christopher is looking forward to it. He has all honors subjects and already is considered an honor graduate even though he doesn't graduate until next year. His father would be very proud of him. We had open house Thursday night and it is a big change for him from a school of 3500 to about 900. I think he will enjoy it. One of the funny things that happened is when we were in the office of the school we saw another new students information and he is from Duluth and has moved to Bells also. I think they may try to find each other. This was the tax free weekend in Tennessee and we got most of his school supplies. He still has alot from before but they are still packed, so had to get new bookbag and all the suppplies that go with it. Problem now is where do we put it.
The house is still coming along. They finally finished painting the bedrooms and bathrooms so next week they will finish Mom's bedroom with the hardwood and then stain it all. Hopefully by Friday we will be back in our bedrooms (which I am sure will make Christopher happy). Then we get to start the kitchen. That is going to be a major mess. If everthing goes according to plan then they will be finished in about 3 weeks.
Melanoma took another life this weekend. A young man with a wife and 2 small daughters. Whenever I read about losing someone else, I get so mad. It is such a waste because there is not enough money put into cancer research.
Lately, I have had a very rough time. I miss Keith and wish I could just talk to him. The guys that are working here have become friends and they just offer me a hug and let me cry. Shopping for school supplies was hard this weekend, we always did that together and had some great laughs doing it.
Mom has been canning alot, making wild plum jam, muscadine jam and blackberry jam. Tim has trees in his yard and has been picking them for her. Today she is doing heirloom tomatoes that a neighbor brought over yesterday. I have to admit the jams are great with hot biscuits. We better enjoy it now since we won't have a kitchen shortly for awhile. That I am NOT looking forward to except the new kitchen.
Hope everyone has a good week and you enjoy the video of all the remodeling. Some of the pictures have already been posted but it was fun to make.



2 comments:
Getting to this rather late Suzan. I hope that Christopher had a great first day at school in his new school and that he will like it there and make lots of new friends. I think your new home is going to be lovely. I miss preserving. I don't do any of it at all over here. Mind you with just Todd and myself, none of it would get used so it's just as well. (((hugs)))
Thinking of you and hoping all is well. Beautiful picture in the header.
Many blessings,
Jenni
Post a Comment