Saturday, September 22, 2007

Family Pictures and Other Musings








We went to the Gwinnett County Fair today. It was our family day. Here are some pictures from it. The goat that is the first is a milking goat and had won 1st place. She was very sweet and enjoyed all the attention. She is from a farm in Tennessee that raises them as a hobbey. Keith did very well walking around, but we did take stops to rest and just enjoy being together. It finally got very hot (typical for Georgia falls), so we left about 2:30. When we got home he settled down and took a nap. He is still working everyday and really surprises me everyday with what he is determined to do. He went to the doctor yesterday to have his blood checked and it was good. He also got an iron transfusion and that always seems to help with his energy level. I think that I am more scared then he is at times. I still finding myself watching his every little move. The very strange thing about cancer for us is that it has brought us so much closer to each other. Last Monday, when he was home after the chemo, we just sat in the den and watched TV and each other. Christopher is doing the same thing, he is always with us, though most everyone that knows us knows how close we are anyway, but it is just different now. You would think a teenager wouldn't want to be around his parents, but he wants to be with us most of the time now. My fondness wish would be for it to last forever, though I know it won't. I have rediscovered my love of needlepoint. I used to cross-stitch all the time and found I really miss it, so if you don't see a post for a few days you will understand I am in the den with my needle and chart. Maybe I'll post some of the pictures. I have always said , it is cheaper than a therapist. Alright, enough for tonight. Night, I'm back to my cross-stitch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was happy to hear Keith's blood test was good, it's very sustaining when good news is the result of whatever test he's had. Thank you, thank you, is heard by all.
Time is so precious and is so fleeting. It's comforting to know you all are together and enjoy one another, how wonderful for you.
I agree, handwork is very therapeutic, the repetition of it actually lowers blood pressure.
Love and prayers are being sent for you and to you. Please keep thoughts of good health and happy moments - as thoughts become things. -Rhonda

Tammy said...

WooHoo! I'm excited about the blood tests! One step at a time, right? Keith sounds like he's on the upswing, Suzan! I know you have seen the ups and downs too many times to count, but enjoy this "up".
Christopher is one WISE soul. I like him.

Carver said...

I enjoyed your family pictures here and also the aminoto video. Aren't those fun to do. I enjoy making them myself. I'm glad you all got to have a fun day at the fair.

Sending out good thoughts for all of you and hope you will get good news soon from Keith's doctors on the scans. I'm glad the blood work was a good test. Nice to get the results you want and I hope the good news keeps coming.

As ever, Carver