Well, we are about 85% finished in Mom's bathroom. I think it turned out very pretty. I have had the shower measured to get a quote on the shower door and they will put the trim in next week. Also, it should be painted by about Wednesday. Above the toilet, there is going to be a small cabinet, but it won't be here for about 3 weeks. She picked out white for her cabinet and the cabinet maker designed it for her.
We have decided to go ahead and do the kitchen. We picked out the stain for the cabinets and decided instead of tile for the kitchen floor to use the same hardwood for the whole downstairs. It will save us time and money. The kitchen sink arrived last week along with the weather vane which Al got up. He said that it was good the parts were numbered, since it didn't have any directions.
They are going to start my bathroom Monday afternoon, so we will be back to 1 bathroom. I am going to use the same stain for my bathroom as the kitchen. I have also decided on a Beige Travertine for my floor. It is so much fun to design something for myself this time instead of someone else's home. Only thing, I am using my own advice and making sure I get it right and will love it for a long time.
Mom bought from someone up here that has a big garden over 200 ears of corn and put it all in the freezer along with some Purple Hull Peas. The corn is so sweet and tastes so different from what you get in the store. She also decided she didn't want to look at any more corn for a while.
All in all, we are doing okay with the remodeling. It keeps me busy and I don't have to think much. The weekends are so hard. It seems during the week I am so busy that I fall in the bed, then when I realize the weekends are coming I dread it. I am still crying at all different times and when I least expect it. Just doing something we use to do together reminds me and the tears will come. Things I do myself now, like going to Walmart. We always walked in holding hands.
I will keep you posted on the remodel.



1 comment:
Life sure is busy for you these days Suzan and I am thinking that is a good thing. I love your new header. What a wonderful shot. It speaks of promise and new beginnings from the one who truly can heal hearts and homes. (((hugs)))
Post a Comment