Fireplace
Another View
My Bathroom
Another View
Sassy Hiding in the foreplace before the holes were covered.It seems we are never going to get through. Last week when they finished the stone in my bathroom I said "Don't you think it would be pretty to do a stone rug in from of the fireplace?" That was all it took. We decided to not only make a stone rug but to recover the fireplace totally. The plan is to go up to 1/2 then a mantle and sheetrock for the television to be mounted above. The top of the hearth will be broken stone pieces and the front will be 16 x16's. Paul drew the plan up and it will also have column's on both sides. So, you know how it is one thing leads to another.
The wood for the floor will be here tomorrow and the new oven arrived Friday. So I think the only thing we are wanting on to arrive is the shutters and the new storm door for the front door. Mike (the cabinet guy) is going to call me tomorrow to let me know when the cabinets will be finished. I still have to pick out tile for the pantry/laundry room, but I am pretty sure of what I want so that should be easy.
We are having a quiet weekend resting up for the coming week of saws, hammering and whatever else comes along. One of the guys has wild plum trees in his yard and has been bringing them over to Mom. She has made plum preserves this past week. It is so good and we have all enjoyed it.
I do think we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, everything will be finished by mid-August. Christopher has open house at school this Thursday and starts school the next Monday.
He and I seem to be holding on to each other and getting by day by day. It is hard to believe that it has been almost 4 months since we loss Keith. The loss seems as strong today as it did in April. There are some days I don't know how I even get by the day.



1 comment:
Just getting back from my time away on holiday Suzan and catching up on all my blog reading this morning. My goodness but you have had a lot going on at yours! Your home is going to be so lovely when it is done. Baby steps, one day at a time my friend. (((hugs)))XXOO
Post a Comment