Sunday, July 20, 2008

Quiet before the Storm and the BATHROOM

Outside paint
Front Door
Jucuzzi in Bathroom instead of Backyard and it Works
My cabinet, countertop and paint(top right corner)


The Stone Floor (Antik Onyx)



Well, as you can see the tub has arrived from the backyard to the bathroom and it works. It has been very nice to have a nice relaxing tub to soak in even if the rest of the room is a MESS!!! Don't you just love the curtains? It is 2 towels. I was in the tub yesterday morning and heard a noise and it was the painters right above me. Luckily, I yelled to Christopher to get him to move. The stone is from Turkey and I am getting it from a import dealer I use to work for . The floor will be 16 x16 brushed and chiseled edge. Behind the tub will be a 3x6 off set brick design with a 2 inch Cornice to trim it out. They also have an Antik Onyx Bowl for a sink and I am thinking about adding that. I just can't make up my mind on it. Any suggestions?



Tomorrow the storm starts again. I think they are planning on getting all the drywall up in my bathroom and also ripping out the living room floor to put plastic down under the house and new plywood to get the floor ready for the hardwood. The wood will be here next Monday. They have also just about finished the painting outside. We decided on a gray with a black front door. I think we should leave the dump trailer in front, it gives it such a good look. Ha!ha!

Mike came over yesterday and finshed measuring the cabinets for my bathroom and I think they will be good. I have found you have to make use of every space in a small area and the redesign of the bathroom really makes it look larger. Al and Paul and came up with the redesign.

It does seem that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am getting tired of the noise and mess, but I really enjoy seeing the guys everyday and they have been so good to Christopher. Paul took him with him the other night to return some things for me and purchase some other things. He had dinner with him and his family and I think that was good. When all this is over, I think I will really miss them. I have gotten to know them and their families. Well, I will let you know what next week brings and the next installment of " As the House Turns"

1 comment:

Joy said...

Morning Suzan:

Everything looks so good! Your doing a marvelous job, should have been an interior designer!!

Joy
Sherman Interiors.