Keith had his 9th chemo treatment today and also met with Dr. Hamrick. His latest scan showed that the tumors are stable and Dr. Hamrick is very pleased and they are mapping the treatments for after the last chemo treatment. Right now, they want to give Keith a break from all the poison going into his body. He got a schedule for up to January which includes a few scans. Also they are going to monitor his blood counts and iron count because of the anemia. If he needs iron then they are going to give it to him. Also, they say that if the tumors show any growth at all then they will do chemo again. Keith asked how long he could be on chemo and according to Dr. Hamrick they will stop it only if he starts getting very bad tingling in his feet and hands. This is one of the side effects of any chemo. Keith addressed the fears I am having with his and they want me to talk to the Wellness counselor. I finally told Keith last night that I was so scared. Scared of being without him, raising our son by myself. I am going to try to get to the doctor myself this weekend to talk to him about this depression and see if there is anything I can do.
The Job I wanted I didn't get. Oh well, I will start over again Monday looking.
Friday, November 30, 2007
9th Chemo
Posted by
Suzan and Christopher Hallam
at
11/30/2007 06:15:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Suzan,
I finally started seeing a counselor last year right before Christmas, and have gone off and on for a year. I am back going about 2-3 times a month, and I can see an amazing difference. I am still having a terrible struggle with Brian's condition, but at least I don't feel crazy. I also finally bit the bullet and went to the doctor about my depression. We have adjusted my meds a few times, and it seems to really be helping. I was having trouble with anxiety attacks, and that has subsided. It was a hard thing to finally do, but one I don't regret. Both my doctor and my psychologist both remind me that what I am feeling is normal with facing this with Brian, that it is ok to be scared and cry. Again, I still battle it terribly, but I feel like these moves have taken the edge off and helped me stay focused. I hope the best for you.
Jenni
Post a Comment