Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Caroline, Mom and Davis
Caroline and Christopher
Davis and Christopher
Playing the Wii
Playing the Wii
We went over to Kevin and Lisa's this morning for brunch. We started that about 2 years go and it is much easier on the kids. This is the first year we have gone to their house though. Usually Lisa brings stuff over and I fix stuff, but she didn't want me to do anything year, so the only thing I brought was a coffee punch. It is so good and if you want the recipe just ask. I'll post it. Kevin came over Wednesday night and picked up Christopher and he spent the night with them. He had a lot of fun with both Davis and Kevin. They are already planning another one over the Christmas Holidays. Mom and I are cooking and at a stand still right now. The turkey is in and just about everything else is made. I think we will eat about 7 tonight. I am trying to hold it together today, but finding it very hard. Keep us in your prayers. Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving.
Update:

We finished the turkey and all the trimmings and it was so good. It was fun cooking with Mom again. I feel I made a major accomplishment today. I made it though the day without crying. Keith stayed up until 8 then had to crash. He did well today except I think he ate to much and his stomach started giving him fits. On a good note, as I said last week his white blood count was down to 1.2. Yesterday it was up to 3.2. That was great news. Now on the Christmas and the New Years. Please keep us in your prayers. I will need all I can get for the rest of the holidays. Please remember also all of the MM warriors who's families are without them this year. Tammy, Liz, Jenni and Brian, you are in my thoughts and prayers.


2 comments:

Jenni Halley said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving! Thank you for your support. This whole thing is so awful, and I wish no one ever had to suffer this way, but it feels good to be able to share with you our feelings and support each other! I was going to post Thursday to let you know I was thinking of you and praying for you...it was just all very overwhelming for me, and I spend nearly every minute of the day caring for Brian's needs, or those of my children...whew! Still, melanoma is my only complaint, as I can keep doing this to help Brian as long as he is up to continuing the fight!

Glad to see the pictures and hear you had a good day.

Jenni

Anonymous said...

Suzan,
Take each good moment you can find and burn it into your brain. Try to remember the pre-MM Keith when you close your eyes, because that's the guy you still have. Always hold those memories. The holidays are difficult, and I know exactly what is going through your head--all the "what if's". Live for the moment. Keith is HERE. He loves you and your son. I pray for you often!