The news here isn't good. The MRI showed 6 brain met ranging in size from 1/2 inch to 2 inches. Dr. Hamrick says we looking at weeks instead of months. When he goes home it will be with hospice. Radiation isn't going to do much to help except maybe stop some of the swelling. I can't do that to Keith, he has suffered so much already. I have talked with the kids and I hope they understand. I just want him to be as comfortable as he can in the little time we have left. Even Dr. Hamrick is upset. Right now I am not sure what I feeling except numb. Keith seems at peace. He has has prayer blanket and the afghan that the kids gave him over him at the hospital and that seems to also help. There are times he knows who everyone is and at times he has no idea. His skills at retaining what is told him don't work.
Update:
Keith will be coming home tomorrow morning via Ambulance. Hospice will be here tomorrow morning with a hospital bed and various other things, then meet with me to go over everything. Tania is arriving tomorrow to spend some time with her dad and Keith's sister Christine will be here Monday or Tuesday. They started giving him anti-seizure meds tonight though the IV then everything will be done by mouth. I hope hospice can teach me everything because I am really scared that I will do something wrong. I guess I just am not sure what to expect. This has happened so fast and I don't think any of us are really ready for it. He seemed better tonight, he still has trouble recognizing people and understanding what you are telling him. THe steriods have made him eat everything not tied down. His face is somewhat swollen from the steriods also. Please keep us in your prayers. We are traveling a road unknown, but I know God is walking it with Keith and our family
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
News Not Good
Posted by
Suzan and Christopher Hallam
at
3/04/2008 06:50:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I have just sent a prayer for your family. We have traveled this road and we are thinking about you and praying for everyone.
We will continue to pray to God to help keep Keith comfortable and for his family to find peace and to rely on Hospice. Hospice is great for everyone including the grandkids. They provided our young children with books to read about death and counseling if needed. Depend on them that is why they are there. Accept everyone's help for errands and meals.
We do not know one another but I do check on your blog to see how Keith is doing. We are pulling for you. I hope that you do not mind that I made a comment. I was just thinking of you and know how hard everything is.
Take care,
De Anne
Suzan - I am so sorry to hear of your most recent events. I sit in tears and feel very sorry for what you are going through. We are living the nightmare of melanoma only too well ourselves. I wish you and Keith peaceful days ahead, your family as well, take care, we are all thinking of you on the board. May you find some comfort and peace somewhere, some how....thinking of you both
Maureen and Geoff from MPIP
Suzan, I am praying for you and your's. This is a very difficult, I know. It is such a wonderful thing to have Hospice in your home.
Lean on them, and do not worry about doing anything wrong. You can't! You Won't! Peace be with you and love from us. I am just a phone call away. Call anytime, day or night.
As always Suzan, you, Keith and the family are in our prayers. May these next days be filled with the peace of the Lord and may his arms be surrounding each one of you. I don't know what else to say, except that I am here for you and I care.
XXOO
Post a Comment