Keith made it though the night, but is in more pain then before. He is not only having to take the long acting morphine but also the liquid. He is also taking more Ativan than before. He doesn't want to sleep but can't help drefting off. He doesn't have any idea who I am even though he keeps telling me he loves me. I chose to think he knows just can't make the words come out. I just finished giving him his lunch. He still has his sense of humor though. I asked him if he had any idea who I was and he said me. I told him yes, I was 1/2 of him only the better half. He laughed and agreed. He did promise to take a nap after he finished lunch. I hope he does. He wanted all of us to get out of the room and leave him in peace according to him. He said all these women hovering was driving him even crazier. As I said, he still has his sense of humor. So, I thought I would take the time to update.
I had to go to the doctor this morning. When I was pulling him up in the bed yesterday, I pulled my back. My knees were already bothering me, so I was forced by everyone to get them checked out to. Well, I thought I would be gone about an hour, that turned into 3 hours because the doctor decided to make sure I didn't have a blood clot in my leg, so..... he sent he over to the hospital for a ultrasound of my leg and there is NO blood clot in my leg and I have a bum knee. Lots of pulled muscles and very sore. I don't know what he expected since I am picking up a 185 lb man. Anyone would have tired, pulled muscles. He gave me a shot, some muscle relaxants and a wrap for my knee. It is already feeling better.
We continue on 1 day at a time and love Keith every minute. I feel the presence of God with us and know he is watching over our whole family. I can only say thank you again for your prayers and please continue. They help us all. Also, all the comments mean so much to all of us. I read them all the Keith.
Love,
Suzan
Thursday, March 13, 2008
We made it though the night
Posted by
Suzan and Christopher Hallam
at
3/13/2008 11:44:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Suzan and all,
Please know that others share your experience. It is not much help, but it helped me more than once.
The advice I found most helpful in these moments was to live them completely because you can't get them back and they are treasures.
Let me know if we can help you.
To: The Amazing Hallam Family
Love, love, love is all there is and you have so much of it! You are surrounded by the comforting white light of the holy spirit. Peace by with you. With love and prayers, Mel
We are thinking of you all the time and praying for the STRENGTH only God can give... Keep your chin up - God said, "I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU; I WILL NEVER ABANDON YOU." Hebrews 13:5
Lots of Love,
Cheryl and Billy
Keith, Suzan and Christoper,
I am staying close to you in thoughts, heart and spirit.
Anne-Charlotte
RTP co-worker
I'm so glad that you are able to cherish each one of these precious moments with your dear Keith. I am thankful also that you choose to share them with us. Prayers continue and loving thoughts surround you. May it always be so.
I pray for Keith, you and your family. I do hope you will continue your blog unlike others like Tammy who just dropped everyone like a rotten potatoe after she used people for support. She said she was going to continue her blog and she doesn't. She used people.
Post a Comment