Keith had a good night last night sleeping all night. He was very aware when he got up this morning and knew right away that Tania and the boys would be here today. In fact, he ate a good breakfast and then decided he wanted to have a shower, put on some shorts and go downstairs and sit in his chair. Between, Christopher, Christine and me, we managed to get him downstairs. Just that trip did wear him out but he was so glad to be in a different part of the house and it was good to see him smile. We brought all the stuff down and he sat there for over 4 hours. Mom and I had to go to Costco and when I got back he was ready to go back upstairs. Willie (one of his hospice nurses) had called and was coming over to check on him so he helped us get him upstairs. He told me he was resting up for every ones visit tomorrow. Mom is cooking Easter dinner and the whole family will be here about 12:30. He is really looking forward to it and said he is going back downstairs tomorrow. He is tired of the bedroom all the time.
Yesterday, it was a beautiful day and he wanted me to open the windows and push him over in his wheelchair to look out. It was kind of funny when he saw the trash can still sitting on the curb. He has always called Christopher CH, so he yelled for him to come here and go get the trash can. Today and yesterday are the longest times he has sat up in a chair. Hospice is telling me that this may be the rally before the end. I am just enjoying this time back with my Keith and I will always remember this. We have had time to talk, just us remembering as much as we can. He did tell me today that he knew I would be okay and I would take care of our Christopher. I think he also knows that his time on this earth is drawing to an end, but he seems at peace with everything. When I have walked into the room the last 2 days he tells me he loves me and gives me a kiss. If I sit on the bed he wants to hold my hand. He has let me cry and puts his arms around me. It is these precious moments that I will hold in my heart to the day I die and join him. He told me yesterday that he will prepare our home, but will make sure I have my Jacuzzi. I asked him: If he thought they have that in heaven? He said he was sure of it.
Please remember Jenni Halley in your prayers today. Brian lost his battle with this horrible beast yesterday afternoon. He was only 35 with a small son and 2 step-daughters. This horrible disease is taking so many people and something must be done. We need more research and education. I think that if we could start with the young about the dangers of the sun, melanoma could be prevented. It sounds so simple. No one needs a dark tan. Enough of my bandwagon.
I hope each and everyone of you have a wonderful Easter.
Love,
Suzan
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Saturday
Posted by
Suzan and Christopher Hallam
at
3/22/2008 05:49:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I hope that this Easter holds many blessings for you, Keith and the family. Each time I visit your page you bless my life. I just wanted you and Keith to know that. (((hugs)))
Post a Comment